Friday, August 7, 2009

hat making

Okay soo I got the sewing bug right now :)
And I made this reversible hat using recycled jeans and some fleece I got at VV Boutique (3 yards at least for 3.99!!) inspected and washed, so I bought it what a steal.

The pattern was from a blogger Petchy.
Now because the pattern was sized for a toddler. I did a 5/8 seam allowance but that made it too small for any room to grow for winter.
So then made it again with a 3/8 seam allowance and it looks a little big but it's perfect for room to grow this winter. It looks thick/puffy but it's not. I could do a straight stitch around the edge but don't think my needle would make it through 4 layers of jean in the corner seams!!



Now to make a matching bib OoooOoo and a dress hmmm ideas ideas and soo little time

No comments:

Post a Comment